The following message was distributed to all UC Berkeley staff on March 13, 2015
In follow-up to Berkeley Staff Assembly’s recent event, “Illuminating Campus Changes,” we’d like to take this opportunity to continue the conversation and communicate more with staff because your ideas, perspectives and feedback are critically important to Berkeley’s continued success.
Video Clips: Responding to your questions
In response to feedback we received from staff who couldn’t attend the event, we recorded short video replies to some of the top questions you submitted. We’ve also included a few additional questions that we didn’t have time to answer during the panel.
To watch the videos, click the links below:
- John Wilton: What’s happening with the budget and what are we doing in this year?
- John Wilton: What’s the latest on Operational Excellence (OE) savings? What challenges did Berkeley encounter when implementing OE/Campus Shared Services?
- Cathy Koshland: What are the priorities for undergraduate advising?
- Cathy Koshland: What can staff do to help support the undergraduate experience?
- Jeannine Raymond: What’s happening with staff salary adjustments and market rates?
- Jeannine Raymond: What’s our position on contract staffing?
We want to hear from you – Do you want more video clips in the future?
We are considering creating more videos like this in the future. If you found them useful and would like to receive more of them going forward, please enter your email address here.
We’d like to thank the Berkeley Staff Assembly for putting on a great event and extend our heartfelt thanks to all Berkeley staff. Berkeley wouldn’t be the leading public university without your hard work, creativity, and dedication, and we have the deepest appreciation for all that you do.
The BSA “Illuminating Campus Changes” Event Panelists
Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance
Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Human Resources